Thank you October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you October

I was keen to get out on the bay today based on the wx forecast and an article I recently read on this site pertaining to fishing the barometer. I confirmed mercury was falling by early afternoon so I headed to a launch spot to get out on the main stem near Tolly. John Veil gave me the courtesy of an almost real time report suggesting that the bay was rough from the SE breeze that was building steadily. Even with John's warning I had to stick my nose out and sure enough the swell was running strong with a flood tide that was spilling into downtown annapolis. I took inventory and realized that I was without a bailer and a paddle float that I usually carry so I turned tail for a nearby creek and fished inside in shallow water. I released an undersize rock and maybe twenty minutes after had this fish clobber a yellow and white closer that was trailing a large red and white plug that I picked up at Anglers. I really like this combo as it's easy to release fish. No hook on the plug so I just grab that like it's the leader. And no trebles flailing around next to or in the kayak.
    The fish was clean and had shoulders. October is awesome!

Scott T

IMG_3350.jpg

Nice fish!! Congrats....!

Comment

Originally posted by scott taylor View Post
      October is awesome!
      Agreed. Great picture too!
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment