Piney Point 10/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point 10/10

I hooked up this morning with Inshoremac, AKA Scott at Piney Point. Although this was our first time to fish together I could tell it was going to be good because he beat me to the ramp, and that is a rare occurrence. We hit the water at 6:45 and the current was moving fairly well and lots of top water activity. Soon after I had a nice 21" and then Scott got a 16" on top water. There were a ton of needle fish mixed in with the rocks and my next fish was a needle on top water. I knew I should have retied as the teeth got into the line, but when the fish are busting you can't slow down. Next cast I had a fish swirl on the bait and the Chug Bug I've had for over 20 years seemed lost when the line broke. Fortunately the fish didn't hook itself (the rocks were hitting the baits without hookups during the top water bite) and I was able to retrieve it - whew! We picked up a few more on the top and then switched over to trolling. At this point the tide was slowing so we only picked up a few smaller rocks and blues during this time. As we passed back under the bridge going to the landing I got a nice blue, but Scott showed me a thing or two by catching a Black Sea Bass in the same spot. An oddity for sure. All in all a fairly good morning, and for those cooks out there I'm doing a spicy rockfish and chorizo soup for dinner.

Great meeting another Saint Mary's yaker and I'm sure we will be fishing together soon.
    Attached Files
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
    ...and for those cooks out there I'm doing a spicy rockfish and chorizo soup for dinner.
    mmmmmm.... choirizo......
    That sounds really good. I'll have to try it sometime.

Sounds like y'all had a good day.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Hey Big Mike! Great meeting you too and thanks for giving me the tour of PPT. That top water action was a lot of fun and I can see why you like it there. Praying for good weather this weekend and Monday!! BTW thank you again for taking the pic to, what you guys can't see is that skitterwalks treble stuck in the back of my hand....lol. Awesome time and hope to see you out there again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
        mmmmmm.... choirizo......
        That sounds really good. I'll have to try it sometime.

Sounds like y'all had a good day.
        X2 on all remarks!
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
        X