Waves, Big fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waves, Big fish

The end of the day was rough. Literally. Not ocean rough, but 2-3 ft waves here on our beach and 12 mph wind.

I caught so many fish in this little 2 hours. I lost count. Both rods hooking up constantly. I could barely get going again when another one or two would hit both rods. I thought I would have to pull in the lines in order to get back to the beach because I kept catching fish and the wind would push me down the bay further.

All in the low to mid 20's too. The birds were even out in the wind enjoying the frenzy.

There's something about landing big fish in the yak in the high winds and waves that is especially fun...

Sounds like I need to get back out and chase some more birds!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Where did you launch?

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted View Post
        Where did you launch?
        http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...ogsauce+launch
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

I had to get out into the 15 ft waters to start seeing schools. About a half mile out. And more up by Herrington Harbor.

Comment

I went out at LOW tide. Paddle hitting bottom 300 plus yards out low. Fish were chasing bait in 1/2ft of water. Waders would of worked best. Caught two hard fighting 17's in a hour. Left the fish to look for larger ones and ran out of time. It was a bad outing for me.
            Cuda 14
            Big tuna

Comment

Went out at Rose Haven the other day... good success. Found some speckles too !

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
                Went out at Rose Haven the other day... good success. Found some speckles too !
                Bite was back on today. Got a 19.5" rock in aboun1-2ft of water. Really clear water could see all the bait and bottom.
                Cuda 14
                Big tuna

Comment

Working...
                X