Severn River = Fish Sticks or Nah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severn River = Fish Sticks or Nah?

Captain’s Log KayakDate 10162014: I’ve never trusted the Severn. That is, if you want sizeable Rockfish. Alarm went off at 0450. Its still very dark as I load the Outback. Grumble, cuss and fuss. Should have done this last night. Its early, but this is the first day with a decent weather window (if the wind reports hold up). Im gonna take it. Recent reports from Jonas Green suggest a decent slug of fish near the 450 bridge. The problem, of course, is that I’ve never had any real success in the Severn. My instincts told me to cross the bridge and hit the Eastern Bay.

Should have listened to myself. On the water at 0640. First fish by 700. 17 inches on a Yozuri soft plastic. Feeling inspired. Troll, troll, troll. By bridge, away from bridge, shallow, deep. North, South, East, West. Near pilings. Away from pilings. Marked some bait, but not really what I like to see. On the last pass, I picked up a dink.

Two shorts, no dinner. Text: “If you want fish for dinner, its fish sticks or Bonefish Grill…”

At work by 1000.

Friday: Eastern Bay
    Sunday: Inner Wall CHSP (if fishable).
    Last edited by longislandtomd; 10-16-2014, 11:55 AM.
    Jason

Wind is supposed to be out of the west tomorrow, I'd stay on this side of the bridge if you're going to the main stem of the bay.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Good thing I slept in I guess. I woke up at 8am cuz I got off at 2am that morn missed my 6am alarm. Woke up and said eff it I prolly wouldn't have caught shit anyway lol seeing your report my day prolly woulda ended the same. Now I don't feel as bad lol
      Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
      -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
      -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Working...
      X