Finally! Some bear creek success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! Some bear creek success

Finally got hooked up into some rock bigger than 4 inches. Having limited out in just a couple hours made it that much better. Who would have thought they'd be so plentiful in bear creek?! I'd definitely be going again tomorrow if it wasn't time to break out the ol smoke pole and see if I can't tag a deer haha IMG_20141017_134717.jpg

Those fish are eating well. Nicely done!
    2014 Hobie Pro Angler
    2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

And there's plenty more to eat there as well. It was so awesome, with the visibility up to four or five feet, being able to see giant schools of little bait fish being chased by two or three big rock

Comment

Great job on the stripers! My son and I fish bear creek for perch in the summer. I've launched out of Inverness park and Merritt point. Where did you end up launching?
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I launched at inverness park. Never got more than 100 yards away from the boat ramp. I just made circles around that cove all day. And with exception of a few short breaks in the action, had fish breaking all day. Ended up catching 3 stripers, 17 1/2, 18 1/2, and 20. Had one that was either giant our had thumbs cause it untied my knot and took my bucktail with it. If anyone catches one with a 1/2 oz bucktail in its mouth, do me a favor and at least give me my lure back, I'm a broke college student haha

Comment

Been there, haha...thanks for the info...and again, congrats
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Glad to see Bear Creek produced for you. How'd the hunt go the next day? Surf&Turf for dinner?
              Mike

Comment

Na, there was no deer movement at all yesterday. Killed nothing but time.

Comment

Working...
                X