paddletail chatterbait trial.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paddletail chatterbait trial.....

Outlet Bait and Tackle often gets my money and, if a good enough deal, I try new things. I bought a paddletail with a chatterbait head the other day thinking it might work for shallow water species like trout and redfish. Tried it today in the St Mary's River near dennis Point Marina.

No trout or puppy drum but I did catch fish trolling (15" bluefish and 12 inch Perch) and casting (short flounder, and MANY 11 inch perch) very fun bait to use.

Just an FYI post about a new idea. Anyone else use chatterbaits in the Salt??

14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
    Outlet Bait and Tackle often gets my money and, if a good enough deal, I try new things. I bought a paddletail with a chatterbait head the other day thinking it might work for shallow water species like trout and redfish. Tried it today in the St Mary's River near dennis Point Marina.

No trout or puppy drum but I did catch fish trolling (15" bluefish and 12 inch Perch) and casting (short flounder, and MANY 11 inch perch) very fun bait to use.

Just an FYI post about a new idea. Anyone else use chatterbaits in the Salt??

I've never used them for striper, but they have a certain quality that I really like in lures....they "sizzle." I don't know how to say it any other way, but there's a certain vibration that seems productive in crankbaits. I've though about using a chatterbait jig instead of the standard BKD on a lead head.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

I'm going out Monday morning trolling for stripers on the patapsco River near ft Smallwood, I'm going to use a white and chartreuse chatterbait with a white and chartreuse paddletail and see what happens

Comment

What time you going out?

Comment

Working...
        X