Cuckold 10/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuckold 10/20

After getting skunked at Piney Point on Friday and taking the last two days off for a wind break I was anxious to get back on the water. Decided to hit Cuckold Creek again today and try a coupe of different things. Last time out we had seen oyster boats working at the mouth of the creek out in the Patuxent and I headed out there to troll over the beds. Nothing happening except some dueling classic rock radio from the boats working the bed. Wind was starting to pick up so I headed back into the creek and switched over to a swimming shad soft bait and started to troll the edges. Finally got a nice hit at a spot where a long point comes out into the creek with a nice drop off on both sides. The fish were laying on the sides and began to hit the lure as I trolled it up and over the point. Picked up 3 in quick order and had two keeper size. I wasn't in a keeping mood, so both back in the water for future fun. A bald eagle joined me for a short time, cruising around looking down at what I hoped was bait fish and not me. Action slowed so I trolled around some other areas and found that being literally maybe 4 feet off the bank of deeper edges was producing and picked up another 3 doing this, and one more keeper size. Went back past the point and picked up a dink for the road. Wind was really moving at this point and I was very happy to be sheltered in the creek, although even there I was getting pushed around a fair amount. Put in around 9:30 and back at shore at high tide around 12:30.
    Attached Files
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
    After getting skunked at Piney Point on Friday and taking the last two days off for a wind break I was anxious to get back on the water. Decided to hit Cuckold Creek again today and try a coupe of different things. Last time out we had seen oyster boats working at the mouth of the creek out in the Patuxent and I headed out there to troll over the beds. Nothing happening except some dueling classic rock radio from the boats working the bed. Wind was starting to pick up so I headed back into the creek and switched over to a swimming shad soft bait and started to troll the edges. Finally got a nice hit at a spot where a long point comes out into the creek with a nice drop off on both sides. The fish were laying on the sides and began to hit the lure as I trolled it up and over the point. Picked up 3 in quick order and had two keeper size. I wasn't in a keeping mood, so both back in the water for future fun. A bald eagle joined me for a short time, cruising around looking down at what I hoped was bait fish and not me. Action slowed so I trolled around some other areas and found that being literally maybe 4 feet off the bank of deeper edges was producing and picked up another 3 doing this, and one more keeper size. Went back past the point and picked up a dink for the road. Wind was really moving at this point and I was very happy to be sheltered in the creek, although even there I was getting pushed around a fair amount. Put in around 9:30 and back at shore at high tide around 12:30.

I knew I should have played hookie!!! Nice report Big Mike !!

Comment

Working...
    X