No announcement yet.

Dundee launch, anyone fish from there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice place isn't it!. When you cut through the reeds into the sandy areas watch for deer ticks and also Chiggers.They will drive you crazy. I get them quite often as I walk the dogs twice every day through the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Smith View Post
      So I was bored with my son Saturday and we hopped into the jeep and headed out. curiosity got me gong and we paid a visit to Dundee. REALLY wish I had brought my Yak. In that sheltered bay and shallow water, at 70 degrees... it would have been a great time to take the son out on the yak for the first time. We poked around Hammerman too. That place was great, real tall reeds/pussy-willows with nice paths between them.. my son LOVED them. Each path led to a secluded beach area where I could see us having picnics in the future. He explored that whole area in delight for a couple hours. I love it when he gets involved with something other than a computer game.

THat whole area is real pretty too.. with the various bays and inlets.. all lined with the reeds. Needless to say, next summer I will be going back.. regardless of how good the fishing is.
      Did you go to the fishing area ? Its the road to your right before the bow range. I like launching my yak there instead of the marina. It is really nice back there n not much of a hike to walk back .
      2014 Hobie Dune Outback
      2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X