Patapsco 10/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patapsco 10/21

Hugo and myself launched from Ft. Smallwood Park around 7 am. The winds were less than 2 knots and water calm. Upon launching I caught a 15" striper and thought this was surely a good sign. Well the rest of the morning did not go so well. All-in-all I caught 5 stripers and Hugo caught 1. None were of keeper size but it was still a great morning to be on the water.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by On the fly; 10-21-2014, 02:55 PM.

I think that photo made the trip worth it. That is fantastic.
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

It is a beautiful sunrise you captured. Someday I'd like to catch a 15' striper, most of mine are 15"
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Harry,

I'm glad you and Hugo got out.

I'm especially glad the wind was cooperative for you.

You're learning that area well and I look forward to joining you there eventually.

Six stripers between you is a good day.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
          It is a beautiful sunrise you captured. Someday I'd like to catch a 15' striper, most of mine are 15"
          But they are tough to land.

Comment

Harry - Don’t feel bad. I was out on the Patapsco same day as you but a few hours later. I launched at Harbor Hospital and went out almost to McHenry and back. I fished for 4 hours mid-day and got totally skunked except for a few micro dinks (8”-9”) I caught just minutes before taking out. BTW, these dinks were breaking with birds overhead, 200 yards out from the ramp!!! But there were no nicer stripers mixed in, just micro dinks… but hey, they staved off a skunking.

On this trip my FF showed that most of the vast and widespread schools of white perch and baitfish I encountered during my last trip there on October 2 had cleared out… or at least I couldn't find them. My FF was mostly bare of any interesting marks.

Water temp was ~67F and water clarity had improved markedly. Water vis at most areas was 4’-5’ and way back in some of the old burned out shipping piers I encountered clarity up to 8’!!! I haven’t seen water that clear there for a long time.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
            X