Beverly Triton Park 10/31/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton Park 10/31/2014

Daolai, Deleonjo, Cowpokey and I headed out of Beverly Triton beach around 8:20am or so. We were all trolling different configurations of 6" paddle tails and that seemed to be the biggest producer. Fish were caught at depth between 14' to 16'. The water temperature was around 58 degrees and the winds were a lot stronger than windfinder forecasted.

Right off the bat, Daolai and Deleonjo headed straight to the birds.
    PA313029.jpgPA313031.jpg

Cowpokey and I followed suite when we launched and everyone started hooking up with keeper size fish. I limited out by 8:43am. My first was a 22" followed by a 19.75" immediately after.
    PA313032.jpgPA313035.jpg

The thought immediately occurred to me to star heading back home to get extra brownie points for coming home early LOL. I'm usually two hours past the time I tell my wife I'll be home from fishing.... This day was going to be different!

It slowed a bit but we were still catching a lot of 16-17" and a few 18" in between.

PA313036.jpgPA313038.jpg

I stuck around some more and got off the water around 10am. The guys kept chasing birds and enjoying good hookups. Tons of keeper size were put back.

Got home and cleaned the fish and found the baitfish that the Rocks were feasting on were these guys:
    20141031_141233.jpg20141031_141255.jpg

Who look a lot like these guys:
    20141031_153711.jpg

I'll probably use those next time and see if there is a difference...

The other guys will chime in with their reports...
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

I almost bought some 6" menhaden colored paddle tails yesterday. That's the ones I had in my hand when I messaged you guys, and ended up walking out of BPS without spending a dime.

Today was a great day of catching. 5 minutes between fish seemed like a really long time, and I was on the water over 10 hours. By conservative estimates, that works out to about 100 fish. Probably a third of them were legal size (18"+).

My best was 23.25", and it was FAT. I had it on the stringer for several hours and it was still swimming strong when MOC met us on the water. I pulled up next to him to show off, and noticed the stringer hook was open. Got it buttoned back up and figured it was a fluke. Half an hour later I looked at my stringer dragging beside the kayak and it didn't look right...sure enough I pull it up and the hook was open again and the 23"er was gone. Guess it was meant to be free.

Ended up bringing two 21" fish home. MOC and Deleonjo brought home limits too.

15-16' of water is where most activity was going on, and the fish were marked mostly from 5-10'. Casting in to breaking fish and birds produced every time, but most fish were caught trolling.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Nice work guys, I have a slow week at work next week, I have a feeling I might get the fish flu next Friday...
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Great job gentlemen!! Those digested baitfish resemble a few lipless crankbaits and rattletraps I have. Beverly is really producing!! Cowpokey is going to have Popeye legs in no time.
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
              Cowpokey is going to have Popeye legs in no time.
              One of the guys I used to ride with (road bike) said I missed my calling. He thinks I should have been a pro cyclist. So, peddling a kayak is just naturally easy for me.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Nice work gentleman! Mustafa, that's a crazy shot of how stuffed that fishbelly was with bait. Looks like everyone is eating well this time of year!
                John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
                Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Happy Halloween!

My kayak looked like a crime scene when I landed a 21" rock that was hooked in the gill. I decided to let a larger healthy fish off the stringer because I was sure the 21" would not survive. It stayed alive for a couple hours; but by the time I got off the water it was dead on the stringer. It will be good eating.

Last edited by Cowpokey; 10-31-2014, 09:23 PM.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
                    Nice work gentleman! Mustafa, that's a crazy shot of how stuffed that fishbelly was with bait. Looks like everyone is eating well this time of year!
                    No kidding! Even after 4 menhaden in its stuffed belly it still wanted some more... A 6" lure to be exact! Cost it it's life. Bad for it, good for my belly!
                    -Mustafa
                    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Awesome job! Wish I was with you guys.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                      Maui

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                        No kidding! Even after 4 menhaden in its stuffed belly it still wanted some more... A 6" lure to be exact! Cost it it's life. Bad for it, good for my belly!
                        I will be going to BPS tomorrow to pick up the tails I ordered online. <evil grin> Yes, those. </evil grin>
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS MADE A GOOD CHOICE DOING MID BAY RATHER THAN HITTING ST mARYS
                          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Sashimi

Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback