Last night 11/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night 11/6

After 2 nights in a row of night launching & limiting out on stripers I got the itch to try for the hat trick. I departed @7:28pm, drove for just over 2 hrs, & launched @ 10pm w/ the bare minimum tackle, 2 rods rigged ready to go,hat, waders, Goretex shell w/ hood, pfd, light & whistle. I paddled in my Wavewalk 500 kayak 15 mins of hard paddling in a light-medium on/off rain. I arrived at my spot & caught a keeper on the 1st cast. I continued casting & reeling in fish incl 1 hefty white perch. So many were just under or just barely 18". I released them all safely using a wet rag. At minute 42 I hooked into another solid keeper. I then called it quits & paddled back to shore. It's lowtide so I have to walk it in the last 30 feet or so. I loaded up & was back on the road @11:40pm with a solid 20" & a hefty 19.5". The good fishing this week makes up for the skunkfest the 2 weeks before when I couldn't even find a fish or the wind made for some rough conditions.

That's hard core! I don't drive 2 hours unless I plan on fishing a full day in nice weather.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

You have nerves of steal to go out in the cold dark water alone. Glad you didn't get skunked.
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
      X