Anyone want to fish Beverly Triton on Tuesday 11/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to fish Beverly Triton on Tuesday 11/11

I had such a great time at the meet and greet on Saturday, that I plan to go down on Tuesday and get another workout. I want to get another trip in while the weather is good and before the polar vortex hits... If you believe the weatherman, the weather is predicted to be good with light to moderate winds out of the ESE. Temp should be in the upper 40s at launch. I plan to go for a few hours before heading for a half day of work.

I'm hoping to make it for a few hours. Will try getting there around 6:15 and hope the ranger opens early again.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Sounds great. I am shooting for a 630 arrival. If you get out before me, I will call you on VHF69, assuming you have a radio.
      I have a dune outback.

Comment

If all works out, I may be there for a short afternoon trip until sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by HereFishyFishy View Post
          Sounds great. I am shooting for a 630 arrival. If you get out before me, I will call you on VHF69, assuming you have a radio.
          I have a dune outback.
          No radio for me... I'll probably still be on land around 630
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I plan to launch in the morn w/a buddy of mine if the wind cooperates, otherwise, we will go somewhere else that's protected from the wind.

Comment

Only one 16" striper for me today on an Alabama teaser rig. Didn't see any working birds from 630-845 while I was out there. Hope the others do better later. It was a weak/ slack tide while I was out, sure it didn't help things. But it was a beautiful calm morning
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I am still out. Definitely slow. 8 fish and one keeper. Hit the birds early down by rhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, I did see a few broken up birds near Rhode river when I got down there and marked some fish but no takers. Guess I should have went south first instead of north.
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

It was a beautiful day out at BTBP. Ranger had gate open for Shady by 615. He launched first and headed north. I launched with a buddy of mine by about 650 and headed SE. We saw the birds down by the Rhone and headed for some fun. We had some quick action for about 15 minutes but then the POOF - they were gone. And that was the story of the day ... small pools of fish would feed on small pools of bait ...then POOF ... fish and birds gone.

here were the morning birds....IMG_0957[1].jpg
                    It was calm and a bit grey. but the temps moved from the 40s to the low 50s.

We trolled around, and if the birds popped and we were close we would head that way. I had 8 fish of which 1 was a keeper during my one double hookup. he was a cute little fella that measured in at 18" exact. My buddy got 3 fish, no keepers. Most fish were 15-17"
                    We headed back in as the fog moved in.IMG_0962[1].jpg

Comment

Sounds like the action is winding down out there. Kind of sad, been doing good there for a couple months now. We fished the same area yesterday, I caught 41 rock...biggest was 17.5".
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

The tides were really weak today, hopefully that's all it is. Or maybe they're finally moving up in the rivers more
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                          The tides were really weak today, hopefully that's all it is. Or maybe they're finally moving up in the rivers more
                          You guys were out there during the 7:30am "small" high tide that turned to outgoing at 9am. Was probably slack tide most of the early morning. This after noon looks much better for the "big" high tide incoming starts at 3pm and tops out at 8:15pm. This also looks like the last good weather day for a while too.

Maybe Saturday will be o.k., but it's going to be cool...hopefully my drysuit will be here so I can test it out.

Thinking of going to West by god Virginia for some wild trout fishing. I've only used one of my fly rods this year...dang trolling in the salt got in my blood.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

I'm headed down there now we tore fish up Monday eve down there fish n birds every were I'll let u know how we do

Comment

Originally posted by kdkilbo View Post
                              I'm headed down there now we tore fish up Monday eve down there fish n birds every were I'll let u know how we do
                              I expect you will have a good time, right now until after dark the tide prediction looks best.
                              Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback
                              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X