Rockfish recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockfish recipe

I've experimented with a few rockfish recipes and found this Brined Rock in Lime Cilantro-Butter to be the most delicious. The fish takes only 45 minutes to brine and total time is about an hour.

Fillet your rock fish and take the skin off. Prepare the brine: Let the fish sit in a cool bath of 1 level tablespoon of rock salt and the ends (that you don't use) of a fresh bunch of cilantro bunch. While you let the brine sit for 35 to 45 minutes prepare the lime butter:

take three tablespoons minced cilantro and mix it with three tablespoons melted butter and the juice of a small lime and mix it all together. Refrigerate it.

Rinse the rockfish and dry it completely. Heat 3 tablespoons of your favorite oil in pan. Heat it so when you put the fish in the pan, it sizzles. Immediately move the pan back and forth vigorously so that the fish does not stick. Cook for two minutes. Flip and do the same for the other side, or until done.
    Put the cooked fish on a plate with about a level teaspoon of lime-cilantro-butter on the cooked fillet.
    Yum.
    Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
    Cobra Explorer

Now your just mocking me for the keeper I let get away on Saturday. Sounds delicious, I hope I get the chance to use this recipe on a striper I catch before the season closes.

Comment

Thanks peggy, sounds delish! I may use this one soon.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

That does sound pretty yummy.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
            Now your just mocking me for the keeper I let get away on Saturday. Sounds delicious, I hope I get the chance to use this recipe on a striper I catch before the season closes.
            YakCapn, I hope you catch a great one so that you can try the recipe, or share your recipe!
            Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
            Cobra Explorer

Comment

That sounds good! Thanks for sharing!
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
              X