Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solley Cove Park Anne Arundel County

Hi all,

It looks like Solley Cove Park is HJS's and my secret put-in on Marley Creek by the Curtis Bay American Legion. The sea kayakers have been using it for years. If it's blowing like stink from the north we go back into Marley Creek and Furnace Creek, otherwise we head out past the railroad bridge to Curtis Bay and the WWI wooden boat wrecks sitting on the bottom. Either way we often stop at Reckless Ric's for lunch. Now that the American Legion is open to the public we stop there for a drink after paddling.

www.aacounty.org/recparks/parks/community/solleycove.cfm

It's hard to find. Keep following the signs for the American Legion and the paintball field. The only caveat is that the American Legion owns most of the parking lot. 95% of the time the Legion doesn't mind us using the lot because they're nice people and we bring in some new business. Occasionally they have a large event and need their parking. I've never been there when there's more than 5 cars in their parking lot, but for example the manager told me this Saturday 11/15/14 a motorcycle club rented the Legion for a get together and they're expecting 500 motorcycles.

I can't promise you fish but this is a public water access point with lots of options.

Solley Cove Launch.jpgSolley Cove Parking Lot.jpgReckless Rics Beach.jpg
Working...
X