Persistence (or foolishness) Patapsco 11/13 pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persistence (or foolishness) Patapsco 11/13 pm

I got it in my head that I had to go fishing today but I had to work, so it was a narrow PM window to make it happen. Try as I might I didn't get to the launch until about 5:30. It was pretty much dark with light drizzle and medium chop. What the heck, I figured it was probably safer out on the water than hanging around the Ft Armistead parking lot (parked cars with people inside- not- fishing) So I headed out into the darkness, trolling a deep diver and an Alabama rig. I was surprised at how well I could see on the water in the dark. The light from the bridge and all the industry on the patapsco made it pretty easy to judge incoming waves and wave height. I paddled out to the shipping channel. Nothing on the FF. As soon as I crossed from 8ft to 14ft my rod went down. A healthy and fat 20 incher. That's it, I trolled around for another 40 minutes zig zagging along the channel edge. No more luck
    Here's my new favorite lure
    And a new modification to the trolling weight to make it easier to get them down deeper

John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
    Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Hobie Outback

nice job!! out in the river braving the dark!! nice reward for your effort!! at times it is hard to fight that urge to be on the water always a bonus when it pays off!! tight lines alwaya!!

Comment

Working...
    X