Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bushwood iced in, Marshall hall too.....ended up at Patuxent:FFFFFTTTTTT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushwood iced in, Marshall hall too.....ended up at Patuxent:FFFFFTTTTTT!!

Plans to pre-fish Bushwood and Marshall Hall ahead of meet and great was impossible because of ice. We (Ictalarus Bill and I) knew from satellite image Marshall Hall was snow covered but images looked hopeful for bushwood.....as you can see above, we did not interpret the images correctly.....completely iced in.
    So once again we ended up on the Patuxent below Jug Bay in an area Bill used to seine for a fish study....lots of catfish back then. Today.......one micro perch snagged with a jigging spoon by Bill. Total Skunkage for me

This winter sucks..........................
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Tough winter for sure. Was the Pax open up toward western branch?

Comment

totally clear to mouth of Jug Bay....maybe further but that is as far as we went.

Comment

In my defense, it's not my fault the NASA image processing algorithm can't distinguish clear ice from clear water at a resolution of 1 pixel = 250 meters. Check it:

The satellite photo was taking on Saturday, the day before we fished. The black circle around the Patuxent where we fished is exactly the same color as the red circle around Bushwood. Here's the full sized image: http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/i...067.terra.250m

As Han Solo would say, "It's not my fault!"

In contrast, the traffic cameras on the 301 bridge and the 231 bridge over the Patuxent were spot on with regard to the presence of ice. When it comes to remote assessment of fishing spots, I'm like Oracle in Batman (aside from not being a woman):

Paddling in a river of information with a mind like a flashing dagger. Oh, yeah. Can't stop the signal.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

LOL......yeah, I certainly appreciate the effort! Technology..gotta love it!!

Comment

You think its gonna be iced tomorrow at marshalls?

Comment

Totally Clear....

Comment

Working...
              X