No announcement yet.

Oxbow Nature Preserve -- Kayak access?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxbow Nature Preserve -- Kayak access?

I stumbled on this place -- land owned by the nature conservancy, very quiet and pretty, considered the largest natural occurring lake in MD (created by beavers damming up little patuxent). Odd place, entrance is in the middle of a housing development near Ft Meade. I fished from shore yesterday and did pretty well. Really need a yak to get to the deeper water and pockets. Anyone know anything about this place? Any kayak access? Thanks very much guys.

Originally posted by ariben View Post
    I stumbled on this place -- land owned by the nature conservancy, very quiet and pretty, considered the largest natural occurring lake in MD (created by beavers damming up little patuxent). Odd place, entrance is in the middle of a housing development near Ft Meade. I fished from shore yesterday and did pretty well. Really need a yak to get to the deeper water and pockets. Anyone know anything about this place? Any kayak access? Thanks very much guys.
    what kind of fish did you catch? Did you see a place to launch?

Comment

Originally posted by EastSiideRyda View Post
      what kind of fish did you catch? Did you see a place to launch?
      lmb and small crappie. I am trying to see if there is a launch. May need to drag kayak through woods. Better water is further out.

Comment

That's the exact reason I bought a cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Google Earth, Oxbow Lake Nature Preserve, Maryland, you will get a good look at it.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by gshappell
            Did you ever take your kayak here? I used to have a friend who lived in Russett years ago and I remember back then it was more marshy. I just restumbled on it when tracing the Little Patuxent on google maps.
            Yes. Last April. It wasnt worth it. Water too shallow and weedy. Very small pockets of fishable water. Lots of very small crappie.

Comment

Working...
            X