new to kayak fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to kayak fishing

Hello all I am new to kayak fishing but not new to fishing. I picked up a used outback for a decent price is there any suggestions or tips before I go out on it, also looking for anyone or a group that fishes md Thanks for any info or help!

Welcome to the hobby.

Biggest tip I can suggest is to use it a few times before you begin to customize it.

Second tip is to join in the outings you see listed here on Snggedline. Knowledgeable folks will help you learn the ropes and their company will provide you with a degree of safety you cannot achieve on solo outings.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Where in MD are you? I'm near OC
      " Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!". Capt. Quint 1976
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

I took mine out on some local ponds/lakes last fall to try to get used to fishing/paddling it without having to fight any current.

Since we never made it to a river last fall I guess I'll start out on the ponds again this spring and then hit some streams/rivers later in the spring.

Comment

I'm new to kayak fishing and would like a few tips on spots to fish for catfish, largemouth bass, and rock fish where I can take my Hobie pro angler
          I live in Nottingham MD

Comment

Originally posted by cb4proangler14 View Post
            I'm new to kayak fishing and would like a few tips on spots to fish for catfish, largemouth bass, and rock fish where I can take my Hobie pro angler
            I live in Nottingham MD
            The tidal Gunpowder and Middle rivers are both right in your back yard. The next closest areas would be the Patapsco and Susky flats.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X