Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshy Hope @ the Nanticoke

X
    Last edited by al8189; 04-14-2015, 07:53 AM.
    " Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!". Capt. Quint 1976
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

I think you mean the "white perch/catfish" bite is on.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

X
      Last edited by al8189; 04-14-2015, 07:53 AM.
      " Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!". Capt. Quint 1976
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Originally posted by al8189 View Post
        Does anyone know of anywhere to put in near the intersection of the Marshy Hope and the Nanticoke River?
        Sharpstown is quite a way up river. Rockfish bite is on in the shallows and I'd rather not spend all day paddling.
        I grow up in that area, the property near the mouth of the Marshyhope is owned privately or by the Nature Conservancy. The ramp at Sharptown is the closest, but still too far in my opinion. You might want to check out slightly up stream just into Delaware. The Phillips Landing ramp is right at the mouth of Broad Creek on the Nanticoke. Very similar to the fishing of the Marshyhope, and they are reporting some of those target species you mentioned. However, make sure you check the Delaware DNR website. There are some rules to be mindful of in the spawning season.
        Last edited by Hemingway; 04-10-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

X
          Last edited by al8189; 04-14-2015, 07:54 AM.
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

I didn't know you could catch and release rockfish up there right now. I always thought it was off limits since its a major spawning area for rock and yellow perch.

Comment

You can't. The Nanticoke is closed for the spawn.
              Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Working...
              X