Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA kayaks coming down

Hi all,

My friend and I are coming down to Sandy Point this weekend (4/24) to fish Saturday and Sunday. Never fished the bay and never caught a striper. Sounds like it has been slow around the point so far, huh?

Well, I just wanted to introduce myself. I couldn't be more excited to get down there. Thanks for the advice you all post here, it has been helpful. Any other advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!

There's a good ramp at SPSP, so that makes the launch easy. I'm not crazy about fishing under the bridge, it's so noisy from all the vehicles passing overhead, but it would be worth it to try jigging around the bridge pilings.

I've caught most of my fish north of the bridge trolling parallel to the beach in 8-15' of water with 1/2 oz jig and 4" paddle tail, try different colors until you find what they are interested in. If you decide to troll that way; after you go past the rock pier, turn north and head straight toward the light house.

Good luck!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks for the advice! Excited to get out there.

Comment

Hope you catch some good fish! Surprised nobody else offered any advice...apparently the bridge is a secret area people are trying to protect it from spot burning. 😏
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

It was nice meeting you today Deacon, how did you guys make out? after catching 3, my brother and I had to pack it in. It was getting too rough for him. check out my meet and greet results post and let everyone know how you did!
          Zach Bennett
          Linthicum MD
          2014 Hobie Outback
          Instagram: YakinZak
          Youtube: YakinZak
          Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X