Beverly Triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton

019.jpgFished Beverly Triton today with the kite boarders. Very rough but fun, wanted to see how the outback handles in big wind and waves.GOPR0198.jpg
    Last edited by LenFewster; 04-19-2015, 10:11 PM.

Outback is good with waves.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice job Len it definitely was "gusty" yesterday.

Comment

I'll bet you have a new confidence in those conditions with the Outback. Looks like you got on em too!
        2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
        Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Don't get overconfident with the outback even though it handles most conditions exceptionally well. The one time I turtled so far was with waves following and strong cross current running across the sailing rudder. I think if I had the stock rudder it would not have happened, but just something for me to remember for future. That is the only disadvantage I found with the sailing rudder. I have been out in some relatively large waves with strong current out at cbbt and up in the bay other times so far with no issues, the current and waves had to be just right to flip me over that one time.

Comment

John, good point. Something I might not have considered on my new Outback until too late. That sailing rudder does grab a lot of water.

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
            Don't get overconfident with the outback even though it handles most conditions exceptionally well. The one time I turtled so far was with waves following and strong cross current running across the sailing rudder. I think if I had the stock rudder it would not have happened, but just something for me to remember for future. That is the only disadvantage I found with the sailing rudder. I have been out in some relatively large waves with strong current out at cbbt and up in the bay other times so far with no issues, the current and waves had to be just right to flip me over that one time.

Comment

Working...
            X