Sandy Point Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Point Launch

When you launch from Sandy Point do you launch your kayak from the boat ramps onto Maznick Pond or do you launch from the beach? It looks like there is a smaller lot on the Southeast tip of the park that is a short distance from the water's edge. Can you launch from there?

never knew the boat ramp water had a name...

I've launched from both. boat ramp for fishing the bridge. and the small craft launch to bottom fish the drop offs or light house.

Comment

Boat ramp.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Actually, I think it's named Mezick Pond according to Google maps. Thanks for the replies, think I'll go the boat ramp if I go to Sandy Point this weekend. Still trying to decide between Beverly Triton, the Severn or Sandy Point.

Comment

last weekend they were not letting kayaks launch at the boat ramp
          because of heavy boat traffic.....
          Brian
          White Marsh MD
          Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

Originally posted by imgonnayak View Post
            Interesting. I've only launch there during the week, parking lot was almost empty every time.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

I've launched from both places. It's easier to launch from the boat ramp vs launching from the beach area. You have to drag your kayak across the sand to get to the water.

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

I posted in another thread but didn't get any messages. I too am trying to hit up SP for the first time this weekend. Can someone shoot me a message and give me an idea of what to expect (where to park, launch, currents, other possible things to lookout for I'm not aware of). I was going to get some bloodworms and try for my first striper (big, small I don't really care).
                Zack
                Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
                Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
                "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by imgonnayak View Post
                  Well, this may help me decide then on the severn or Beverly triton. I can see SP being very busy again. It's going to be a little cooler in the morning, but still low winds and will be really nice a little later in the day. Good day to be on the water!

Comment

That's why I'm going to ft. Smallwood. If the wind picks up later in the day I don't want to be on the flats or our in the middle of the bay. Been catching fish by ft. Smallwood for weeks now.

Comment

I hate sand, so always boat ramp. I don't even use the ramp actually, straight off the end of the dock, in and out so I don't get wet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X