Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to start on the Patapsco

Hey guys,

Finally getting a chance to check out some water after my move from NC a few weeks ago. I live near and drive past the Patapsco everyday to work on Hwy 70. I am planning to go check out the water but need a place to start. Just going to fish from shore tomorrow and want to get a feel for the river. Any ideas? will drive 30 minutes or more to find good water. Thanks friends.

Fort Smallwood has a fishing pier on the Patapsco. I fished it last year and crabbed from their too.

Comment

Please note that the pier at Ft. Smallwood is presently closed due to the ongoing construction of a boat ramp.

See this note on Ft. Smallwood's website:

http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/par...wood/index.cfm
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Ah! Didn't know that, sorry. I ended up fishing Beverly Triton today after all too so I haven't been to Fort Smallwood for a while.

Comment

Well, if youre looking to fish under route 70, you can park by the old frederick rd bridge and walk along the train tracks. There are trout, smallmouth, and rockbass.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Great thanks guys.

Shady, I may try that area since its close. Ill post if I do much with it.

Comment

Working...
            X