Beverly Triton April 25 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton April 25 Report

Headed out to Beverly Triton via Carrs Wharf on the Rhode River around 8:30 or so. Saw Goody there along with a cast of others...caught 7 fish today, but all were between 15 and 17 inches. 2 others got away. The schoolies were loving my 3/4 ounce magic bus spro buck tail jig.

How did everyone else do? There must have been 6 or 7 kayakers there when I was. I finally realized what channel everyone was on on the marine radio about the time people started clearing out. It started getting choppy and the wind picked up a little around noon. I stayed out for while longer, but quickly found myself bailing water out of the yak from all the splashing waves so I came in.

Hey Yakcapn,

I was out there for a few hours. Caught 10 total. Largest was 17 inches. From what I heard no one caught anything noteworthy. I stuck with my 4inch and 5inch shads.

Comment

This is what the schoolies were feeding on. Found the same thing last year in the exact same spot. Every pass yielded a few fish.

2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Great meeting you out there. I caught 50+ schoolies ranging from 16-20" on 4" paddle tails on 1/2 oz. Couldn't find the bigger ones this time. I saw Moc, Coop, crytotek. Yakcapn, jdeleon, and sparky. Headed in around noon. Got chilly and windy.

Mobile

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

what is that a pic of ?
          Brian
          White Marsh MD
          Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

Originally posted by imgonnayak View Post
            what is that a pic of ?
            Baby sea lice
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Great seeing you out there too Goody, I'll recognize you from a distance now with your kayak and flag. Your catch rate is impressive! Sounds like everyone was getting the small ones this weekend at Beverly triton. Hope to catch a 30 incher soon! But, really I'm just as excited about post May 15 catching a keeper around 20 to 25 to take home and cook.

Comment

Working...
              X