No announcement yet.

Fort Smallwood Meet and Greet results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Smallwood Meet and Greet results!

My brother and I only landed 3 today, the biggest only being 18". The water was pretty rough, rougher than some days under the CHBB. Please post your results guys! I would love to see what everyone got into today. At one point there was a total of 9-10 of us out there, I am extremely pleased with how it went although the conditions weren't the best!

Here is a video i put together from this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26kCXt9uPLs

make sure to change the quality of the picture when you watch it, For some reason it keeps putting it at 140p
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

ended up catching 7 they were small but I finally got the skunk of the boat. I was the last one there and it got a little better on the water as the it got later. thanks for all the tip and advice everyone was happy to give. see you guys on the next one.
    Brian
    White Marsh MD
    Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

Nice to meet you guys. Only got a short video of a release but was able to catch 3 before heading back in.
      Andy
      Attached Files
      Malibu x-13
      Andy

Comment

Excellent! I'm glad you guys did good considering the conditions! I'm in the process of planning a Kent narrows or mattapeake trip right now. Will follow up with details as soon as possible!
        Zach Bennett
        Linthicum MD
        2014 Hobie Outback
        Instagram: YakinZak
        Youtube: YakinZak
        Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zbennett9 View Post
          Excellent! I'm glad you guys did good considering the conditions! I'm in the process of planning a Kent narrows or mattapeake trip right now. Will follow up with details as soon as possible!
          Just as a heads up, Kent Narrows north of the old bridge is off limits to striper fishing until the end of May (catch and release is not permitted until June 1). For details on dates and geographic boundaries, look at the series of maps at http://dnr2.maryland.gov/fisheries/P...bass-maps.aspx. As far as I can tell, catch and release fishing is allowed south of the old bridge.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I managed 5 from about 10:30-11:30, but also nothing bigger than about 18 inches. Seemed like I could have paddled back and forth trolling a white 4" paddle tail to the South/East of the point and just kept catching them, but had to go. These were the first stripers I've caught, so it was great fun no matter the size. Thanks for the invite!
            Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
            2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

Working...
            X