Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wednesday - Saltwater newbie! Off work! Need to fish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closest tackle shop to BT is along the way in Edgewater off Mayo Rd.

Marty's Sporting Goods - (410) 956-2238
    2014 Hobie Pro Angler
    2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Greg and Mike,

Great to fish with you guys today. Congrats to Greg for getting his first fish of the year, and Mike for the day's largest at about 30 inches I believe.

I had about 6-8 fish, largest being about 20 inches. Most of my fish were caught on pearl while ripple shad and a 5 inch split belly shad green/white. Only one fish caught on a Bass pro XPS crank bait.

It was a beautiful day on the water; couldn't have asked for a better weather day.

Comment

Mike and Steve,

It was awesome fishing with you two this morning. I'm hooked (badum pow) on Chesapeake Bay fishing. Thanks for all of the tips and for showing and giving me a couple of productive lures. I broke the 2015 skunk with my first schoolie striper. It was about 9 inches. LOL. Lots of firsts today. First rockfish from a kayak. First fish of the year. First fish caught with my new(first) Lews Speedspool MG and Daiwa Ardito travel rod. Learned some things about pedal pacing and that I definitely should look into some of the rocket launcher style rod holders (long handle on this rod).

All in all it, it was a great day to be on the water with great people. Smoothest that I've ever seen the bay. Until next time, tight lines!
        Greg

Hobie i14T (RIP, Screw you mouse!)
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm glad you guys had nice weather and caught some fish. A 30 incher is great.

Special congrats to Greg for his day of firsts.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Greg and Steve,
            it was nice to meet you both and fish all morning with such great weather. The bite was hot for a few hours, 8 fish over the rail for me. Large fish of my day was 29. And averaged 18 among the rest. I went for lunch and then headed to Jonas Green and fished the Severn in the afternoon. Only caught a few there. Looking forward to getting together again. I'm planning to fish all day on Sunday.

Comment

Sounds like it was a great morning. Hoping the same tomorrow at Ft. Smallwood.

Comment

Working...
              X