Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for Friday 5/8 out of Rose Haven?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for Friday 5/8 out of Rose Haven?

Right now planning on heading out of Rose Haven, just after morning high tide, blasting through the C+R zone, then trolling around either inshore or out by the channel edge for the stripers..

Morning high tide is @ 7:30, weather's supposed to be nice and the wind is supposed to be light.

This will be the first outing with intent this year, so anyone who comes along will get to laugh at me re-learning how to use all that gear.

Pm or reply if so. (No responses and I'll just go at my own pace)
    Chesapeake Beach Bum.

Cluttering up the twin beaches

I really like this area and had a lot of fun last year there.
    I had a very long day of 17 miles against the wind and tide both days.. caught a bunch of croakers... and took some neat pictures that I haven't posted...

I fished today otherwise I would certainly join you 'cause it's a cool place.

If perhaps you see the gentleman that lives on the northwest corner of the street area by the launch... he is is big Nationals (baseball) fan..
    Introduce yourself and say hello. Mention to him how great it is to be able to come into his neighborhood and enjoy the Chesapeake.
    These sort of things go a long way to spread the love and friendship on the Chesapeake with the communities that we visit.

Have a great day and good luck !

Comment

Got out there as expected. The day started out with water like glass and fog.
      Eventually the fog burned off and made a glorious day. Caught two smallies 18" each. Lost one pulldown to a reel with no anti-reverse. Lost a decent-sized rockfish to a jighead that broke. TIL Gulp doesn't keep and is quite corrosive.

All the fish where biting 4" white swimming mullet gulp one small(1/4 oz?) jigheads. The smallies in 4-5 ft of water with no contacts on the ff. The others where in 20-25 ft of water and could be spotted on the ff-took a few passes to get a pulldown
      Chesapeake Beach Bum.

Cluttering up the twin beaches

Comment

Working...
      X