Jonas Green Friday 8 May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green Friday 8 May

TxFly and I are planning on launching from Jonas Green Tomorrow between 7:00-7:30. Anyone is welcome to join, this will be my first time in the water this year so I'm stoked.
    Travis
    Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
    Orange Old Town NEXT
    USN

Good luck guys!

You'll get some pullage, I'm certain.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Good luck, we did not have much today at Ft. Smallwood.

Comment

Originally posted by FL Boy View Post
        TxFly and I are planning on launching from Jonas Green Tomorrow between 7:00-7:30. Anyone is welcome to join, this will be my first time in the water this year so I'm stoked.
        Dang man, where you been all spring?

Can't wait to get home so I can fish! Two more weeks of west Texas desert...then back to the salt!
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

good luck! lets us know how you do.
          I plan on heading out to JG this weekend
          2014 Tarpon 120

Comment

There was a regular armada of fishing kayaks coming out of Jonas Green this morning. The bite was okay for a short while around 8:00 am, then dropped off as the tide reached slack high. The floating tree debris that has been in sections of the river seemed to have spread to cover a wider area today. It was difficult to troll for a while without getting gunk on the lures. I fished part way downstream until the bite stopped, then worked upstream to the Rt 50 bridge. When I could keep the lures free of debris, I caught 8 stripers from 17"-20" but it took a lot of cleaning effort to get those fish. The last time I saw Travis and Hugo, they were fishing downstream. I am eager to hear how they did.
            John Veil
            Annapolis
            Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

fish.jpgfish1.jpg my son and i launched at 6 am from jonas green . we didnt catch as many as we did last week but the quality was better . we caught around 15 with two near 30 inches . my 14 year old caught his biggest striper . we saw the snaggedline convoy headed out toward the bay and had a quick chat with Travis as we headed back to the launch .
              Attached Files
              Last edited by phoenixkeith; 05-08-2015, 05:31 PM.
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                Dang man, where you been all spring?

Can't wait to get home so I can fish! Two more weeks of west Texas desert...then back to the salt!
                I've been busy working, and it's been to cold for this Florida Boy. I'm looking forward to doing a lot of fishing after today.

It was a good day of fishing, I caught about 10 between roughly 12inces and 19 inches. I forgot my trough, Hugo let me borrow his to verify the 19 inches. We paddled/ peddled about 14+ miles ( Hugo verified with GPS on his phone). I started off really slow my first fish was about 19 or possibly bigger didn't have the trough it was fat though, caught a good bunch of shorts through out the day then finished with a fat 19incher ( verified). Hugo had just as much if not better luck than me.

I also got to try out my new big rudder on my PA 12, it worked awesome I highly recommend it to anyone with the PA12.

One of my medium size ones.

The finisher.
                Travis
                Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
                Orange Old Town NEXT
                USN

Comment

Good to see everyone out there today. My luck was similar to that of Travis and Hugo, with the biggest around 18. Beautiful day.
                  Michael
                  Washington, DC
                  2015 Outback

Comment

Congrats on your great day.
                    John Rentch
                    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I think it's incredible the way the Severn produces so many fish for so many kayak anglers.

Congrats to all.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Let's hope it lasts for a long time, I want some for supper in June!
                        John Rentch
                        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
                        X