Mallows Bay 5/9/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallows Bay 5/9/15

Got an early start. Waiting for the automatic arm to lift for access. Hoping to catch SH today. If not, I will still have an awesome day. This area is really cool. 0527...come on arm.
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Originally posted by clm View Post
    Got an early start. Waiting for the automatic arm to lift for access. Hoping to catch SH today. If not, I will still have an awesome day. This area is really cool. 0527...come on arm.

No Skunk today. I was worried at first. I launched and went to the right. I top water frogged.all the way back into the grass and narrow bends in the rear. Nothing. Came back out, looped the open area with a white swim tail, caught a little guy back where I started from. Missed one, twice at the wall leading into the area on the right. Landed, took a squirt break and ate a protein bar. Went back to get the guy I missed. Bam! First cast with the swim tail. Another little guy, but chunky. I hooked another one, little larger, but he spit the hook as he was demonstrating his cartwheels. Note to self, keep th rod a little lower. All these where in the area to the right of the launch. I went out to the metal ship and soaked some catfish dough. I didn't bring the proper gear, but I wanted to chill and enjoy the area forna while longer. While day dreaming, I notice my line is not where I cast it. It is under the boat and heading out of town. Snapped the line easily. I doubt it even knew it was hooked. Second note to self, check the drag before hooking a fish. Great morning. Met another yak fisherman. He isn't on here, but he told me the best time for SH is when it is miserably hot and low tide. He said once you try SH, you will be ruined for all other fish. I'm still waiting to be ruined...hope this is the year.
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
    X