Beverly Triton this Saturday 5/16/15!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton this Saturday 5/16/15!

This weekend is coming fast! It's the opening day for 20" stripers to be kept, And As of right now I have 6 people heading there! If anyone else plans to join! Let us know! 3 of us will be filming!
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

when are you heading out?

Comment

The wind forecast doesn't look too promising...I was hoping to get out this weekend, but not too sure now. Sunday looks a bit better....but wind forecasts seem to be pretty erratic.

Comment

^ can you tell me where to get the wind forecast?

Comment

Windfinder.com

Comment

we are headed out Saturday at 6am. gate has been dummy locked for months now. Was thinking sunday but im seeing T-storms for that day.
            Zach Bennett
            Linthicum MD
            2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

I stand corrected! the weather report i just checked matches with what you said! so sunday it is!
              Zach Bennett
              Linthicum MD
              2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Cool! I'll plan to be there Sunday as of now. Its an hour drive for me to get there...so to get there before 7am may be a bit of challenge

Comment

what's an ideal wind speed for kayak fishing? i know the lower is better.

Comment

0! Anything under 5 is good in my opinion. Once it gets to about 10 or 12 the choppy waves start on the open bay and anything above that is a no go for me, I'll look for protected rivers.

Comment

Looks like it'll start heavy then calm during the day. Most likely in if it keeps the same shape, too much wind and I'll tire from paddling all day. :-{(
                      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

no worries! By the way! welcome to the family!
                        Zach Bennett
                        Linthicum MD
                        2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Hello all,

Have a great time launching out of Beverly-Triton on Sunday. Please land at Mayo Beach Park for a rest break and explore this gorgeous park. Mayo Beach Park is what Beverly-Triton *used* to be - a public county park that is only open to the public with an expensive launch permit. We're trying to change that unfair situation. There's a Public Open Day at Mayo Beach on Sunday 5/17/15 from 11 am to 6 pm as part of that effort.

https://www.facebook.com/events/771969296254711/

Mayo Beach Park is about a mile north of Beverly-Triton. Go left when you launch. You may have paddled right by it and not known you were passing a public park. Mayo has the same off-shore stone groins as Beverly-Triton, a big enclosed pavilion and other buildings on the hill behind the beach, a childrens playground and picnic tables on the grassy lawn and under the shade trees.

Thank you

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by Zbennett9 View Post
                            no worries! By the way! welcome to the family!
                            Sweet, thanks!! Good to be here!
                            -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Originally posted by Zbennett9 View Post
                              we are headed out Saturday at 6am. gate has been dummy locked for months now. Was thinking sunday but im seeing T-storms for that day.
                              I am not sure how long you have been going to BT... but it wasn't until the last year or so that it was opened up such that we were even allowed to park inside the gate, and drive down to the beach area to unload.

Much work has gone into opening up numerous areas in AA County. Thanks to the hard work of Ms. Lisa in a previous post.

Maybe there is a "new" unwritten rule to going to BT and the "dummie lock," and accessing the park before 7am.

Just as a precautionary thought... it might not be such a great idea to bust down there before the park officially opens.
                              At least if you are going to break the rules.... be very mindful of your approach... don't blast your car radio... don't be yellin' back to friends....

If the rules have changed... well then awesome ! I hope to hear from Lisa or others because I do like to launch before 7am.

Maybe even go the extra effort... park outside the gate.. and roll with your cart down to the launch. You have to walk down either way.

It won't be long before "everybody" starts bustin' down there if they see cars parked inside the gate with it open at 6am and then 5am.
                              Last edited by zaaabay; 05-14-2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X