No announcement yet.

Sandy Point Bay Bridge Meet 5/30/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol our group has 2 feel frees. 2 ocean big games and then my Jackson cuda. But that was us you saw!!
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

I, too, was returning from the eastern shore, crossing the BB around 10am & I saw a yellow kayak north of the bridge but on the eastern shore-side of the bridge. Perhaps it was one of you guys? Glad to hear everyone caught fish. I love fishing under the BB.

Comment

[QUOTE=jmt1980;112468]It was my first time out there so I can't comment on the weather/wind. But it wasn't too bad to me. The wind didn't prevent me from catching this "trophy rockfish"....

HA! I've caught trophies like that too.

Best Regards,
        Stan
        Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Hey All,
          I'm new to the area and group. Never been a part of a forum either and I don't know how to post a thread (Sorry for using your post as my intro). I was wondering if anyone ever shore fishes around here? I have a kayak, Moken 14', but upon moving here my movers misplaced my Extend-a-Bed bar. I want to get out in these waters and catch my first striper ASAP. Until I replace my bed extender, I was hoping to catch some of the group on the shore to learn about the area. I moved up here from Charleston, SC where I mainly fished the inlets and sounds for Reds, Trout and Flounder. If anyone wants to meet up for some saltwater fishing please hit me up. I'm kind of itching to learn the area and the only places I really know about are Sandy Point & Triton.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter-Yak View Post
            Hey All,
            I'm new to the area and group. Never been a part of a forum either and I don't know how to post a thread (Sorry for using your post as my intro). I was wondering if anyone ever shore fishes around here? I have a kayak, Moken 14', but upon moving here my movers misplaced my Extend-a-Bed bar. I want to get out in these waters and catch my first striper ASAP. Until I replace my bed extender, I was hoping to catch some of the group on the shore to learn about the area. I moved up here from Charleston, SC where I mainly fished the inlets and sounds for Reds, Trout and Flounder. If anyone wants to meet up for some saltwater fishing please hit me up. I'm kind of itching to learn the area and the only places I really know about are Sandy Point & Triton.

I have a love hate relationship with Sandy point. I've gone there for about 3 years. Caught: croakers, blues, keeper rock fish, cats, even a puppy drum once, etc. But now the bad:

-- Big crowds during the weekends. In warm weather, people picnic right in front of you (between the sand and the water), kids swim in the fishing zone, etc. Best to go week-day nights. Also, lots of 'monsters' off the beach to grab your lines. So, bring lots of extra tackle to re-tie your rigs. Finally, the drop-off is really slow, so, you need to be a good caster and/or bring good surf gear.

Best Regards,
            Stan
            Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Originally posted by manlystanley View Post
              I have a love hate relationship with Sandy point. I've gone there for about 3 years. Caught: croakers, blues, keeper rock fish, cats, even a puppy drum once, etc. But now the bad:

-- Big crowds during the weekends. In warm weather, people picnic right in front of you (between the sand and the water), kids swim in the fishing zone, etc. Best to go week-day nights. Also, lots of 'monsters' off the beach to grab your lines. So, bring lots of extra tackle to re-tie your rigs. Finally, the drop-off is really slow, so, you need to be a good caster and/or bring good surf gear.

Best Regards,
              Stan
              Is there any other good surf fishing locations that you know of. Less people would be ideal along with ease of access. I was also planning on putting my kayak in at Sandy Point for my first time out. Once again, I'm normally an inlets guys so fishing out in open water along the bridge will be new for me. I'm normally in about 5 feet of water max and chasing "tailing reds." Any advice/launches/surf locations is greatly appreciated!

-Carter

Comment

i would rather take the walk to terrapin although it is getting pretty popular these days also .
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

What type of bait is popular around here? I typically use mud minnow and shrimp for live bait. Cut fish & squid has also been a staple. I've heard the "Fishbites" artificial bait is quite popular here. Any suggestion for lures/bait?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter-Yak View Post
                    What type of bait is popular around here? I typically use mud minnow and shrimp for live bait. Cut fish & squid has also been a staple. I've heard the "Fishbites" artificial bait is quite popular here. Any suggestion for lures/bait?
                    big mud minnows are hard to beat live lining on small live bait hooks by the pilings- Striper slurpees...
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                      big mud minnows are hard to beat live lining on small live bait hooks by the pilings- Striper slurpees...
                      Where/how do you get them? Can you catch them, or do you buy them?
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

what the heck is a mud minnow? A killie?
                        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                          what the heck is a mud minnow? A killie?
                          This what I found with the google: "Mummichog".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mummichog
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                          X