New guy in northern Calvert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy in northern Calvert

Got myself a used Ocean Kayak prowler 13 late in summer last year. Went out a few times out of Rose Haven and blindly drifted around and did alright with some nice croaker. Got a sonar unit rigged up and hoping to take my fishing to the next level. I'm a long time surf fisherman so fishing the bay from a kayak is a whole new ball game for me. So far this site's been a awesome resource for me.

Welcome to the group. I also found this site invaluable. Not only for suggestions on rigging my yak, but connecting to some local folk to fish with. Good luck this summer.
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Welcome frog sauce and I fish out of Chesapeake beach. I also go to rose haven. Welcome. I would try paddling to the pier it's closed so all those pilling and rock walls are open for fishing!
        Cuda 14
        Big tuna

Comment

I'm also in Calvert in Huntingtown. Similar to you. Surf fisher but new to kayak fishing. I have private beach property to launch from that is close to Breezy Point. Maybe we can get out there together some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome,

I'm also a big Rose Haven fan, although fishing creek is a good foul weather backup.

Check the charts at in the link post at the top of the forum, there are a couple wrecks we can hit that are quite good for croaker/spot/perch.
            Normally I'm out there Friday mornings, but the weather isn't looking good this weekend.
            Chesapeake Beach Bum.

Cluttering up the twin beaches

Comment

Yea, I was hoping to try and get out this weekend but I'll have to see if the weather wants to cooperate. I'm assuming that fishing creek tends to be more of a perch spot?

Comment

Working...
              X