Slow night at Goodhands Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow night at Goodhands Creek

I launched out of Goodhands Creek on Friday night with the goal of fishing the incoming tide. As I was preparing to launch around 8:30 pm, one of Queen Anne County's finest approached me to make sure I had all of the proper safety equipment (I did). He also asked where I planned to fish so he could come looking for me if I got into trouble. I thanked him for his concern and gave him the same float plan I gave my wife earlier that evening. It was nice knowing someone had my back.

Unfortunately, the fishing disappointed. I tried areas that normally hold stripers and perch, but did not get a single bite...until the CNRs rolled in. After pulling in a few CNRs, I called it quits around midnight. Beautiful night, however.
    Golden Papaya Outback

Even though you didn't score... and well those ol' pesky Cow Nosed Rays are sure a bugger...

Launching towards the evening and into the solitude of the sunset and the night is a wonderful experience.

I was out on a late night launching from Sandy Point State Park's sandy beach.... it was a bit spooky...
    Dead calm.. absolutely pitch black no moon, and I kept spotting fish on the sonar... so I just kept fishing hour after hour...

Along about 11pm... a boat came up... I was a bit worried... not knowing if they would see me...
    I started waving my hand light in big circles... he came up and I was so happy to see the Nat. Res. State
    Police. I was wondering if somebody had reported that there was a car in the parking lot that had not returned..
    He said "No..."
    So.. obviously he did his thing with checking me in the most friendliest manner of conversation.
    I mentioned to him how I had been an avid surfer... I had my wetsuit on.. and of course my woolen hobo hat
    with many moth holes :-) (didn't want to wear my good one if perhaps loose it to the deep).

We probably spent close to an hour chatting and sharing stories... and how the Bay is so fantasticlly wonderful.

It was great to have him come along side.... It's great to the NRSP on our backs, and of course the Coast Guard.
    Not to neglect the Navy who I am sure would respond and are always out and about on the Severn and close ports.

It was a beautiful night for me... to top it off the Sandy Point Christmas lights greeted me on my paddle back !
    Last edited by rob-kayak; 05-31-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
      Launching towards the evening and into the solitude of the sunset and the night is a wonderful experience.
      I couldn't agree more. As long as I know the area, fishing at night is one of my favorite things to do. Of course on this particular night, I was a little spooked when I returned home and saw reports that a great white shark was just to my south...
      Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Working...
      X