goodhand creek sucked today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodhand creek sucked today

i fished today from 7am -1pm and ended up with a goose egg for my efforts . i paddled around the island once then around the concrete wall twice then i headed north toward the narrows ramp went about 200 yards beyond the ramp and paddled back on the east side of the narrows following the drop out to the end of the no wake zone . i jigged for perch along the way stopping at all the perchy looking spot . its been tough out there these last couple of weeks . i did encounter this nimrod that flew by me 50 yards from the ramp obviously trying to beat me there . jumps out of his boat and goes walking for his truck which aint even in the parking lot . ten minutes later he backs his trailer down to water and continues to take another 15 minutes trying to get the boat loaded straight . photo.jpg
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2014 Jackson Kilroy

Sorry the bite was not happening today. Several of us are planning to try Goodhands on Tues morning. Hopefully we can find some fish.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

cant wait to hear how you do tomorrow . the tide was going against the wind and never got rolling the way it usually does . goodluck to you all
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

I had originally wanted to fish there today, but with a strong southerly wind, we relocated to a more sheltered destination. Tomorrow the wind is supposed to be from the north -- low until mid-morning, then jumping up in late morning.

I hope that the trolling strategy I used successfully there last fall and late summer will be working tomorrow. I will post a report tomorrow afternoon.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X