Point Lookout (PLO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Lookout (PLO)

I finally got the skunk off my PA-14. Went to PLO today and crushed the croakers on blood worms. It was a cast and catch ALL afternoon. They ran from 10 inches to 12 inches.Another Yak fisherman I was hanging out with was using shrimp, and that worked also. He used a anchor to hold position in the wind, I moved. (Drifted) around a bunch but kept catching fish. We launched from the beach near the jetties. The reason I went for kayak fishing became apparent when I asked the guys on the Jetty how they were doing and they said terrible. I fished in sight of them offshore and caught fish all day.
    Yak67

Glad you got the skunk off. We have to hook up again and fish. was john there with you He anchors alot

Comment

Were you using the standard two hook bottom rig?
      John Rentch
      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

John was not there this time. I fished there with him twice.

Comment

Yes, the standard two-hook bottom rig. Very effective. I was in 11-12 Ft of water the whole time, about 1/2 mile offshore.

Comment

Nice catch.
            I'm down there now... Camping for the weekend. Sounds like you hit the bay side. There's a nice oyster bed out there. I plan to be on the water by 7a. High tide is at 11a.
            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
            X