Mallows Bay 6/13/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallows Bay 6/13/2015

Heading to the Mallows tomorrow. Hoping to find a snakehead or two....or as many as I can. Low tide time frame, so around 9 to whenever. No rushing out for the early morning like usual, as that hasn't worked for me yet. Last time I was down there (caught 3 bass), a gentleman informed me I may be doing it wrong....wait till it is low tide and super hot and miserable....I will give it shot, as I've been going according to my comfort level and haven't been able to get one yet. I will let ya'll know how it goes. If anyone else is heading out there, I'll be the sweaty guy in the camo Ascend with a gray hat.
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Good luck on the snakeheads
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Good luck on anything there.

I got skunked in my only visit a couple of weeks ago.
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Mallows Bay 6/13/2015

Same here today. One bass basically slapped the swim tail and dove back down. I'm guessing the hype about the snakeheads taking over may be true😜 can't slow them down If I can't catch them. I saw tons of fry, no snakehead fry, but plenty of others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

I think having experience at Mallows is critical.

The structure present is incredible. But knowing the best tide and having a little cooperation from the wind since so much of the area is exposed is very important.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

The tide being low and the warm water was a factor in sure. Was hoping the SH would be more active than the bass. I did see a fairly nice size cat hanging out in the shallows on top of a wreck. He was pretty scarred up. I watched him briefly...and then an osprey cannon balled pretty close to me to catch a fish. I jumped. I had no idea what was going on...thought I was taking incoming rounds....pretty cool to witness after he surfaced and I knew I wasn't targeted. I haven't written mallows off completely (much like i have myrtle grove).
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

I like go fishing snakehead but not get one yet. If you go on Sunday. We can go together to fish snakehead. Let me know
              2014 Hobie Outback
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
              2nd PLACE
              Slam Division

Comment

Originally posted by Ken kayak View Post
                I like go fishing snakehead but not get one yet. If you go on Sunday. We can go together to fish snakehead. Let me know
                Sorry, just checked the post. I didn't go back out. I think I will try again in about 2 weeks.
                Hobie Outback
                Stand Up Paddle Board
                Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
                X