Piney Point, June 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point, June 14th

Got out for a few hours today and fished the rising high tide...croakers actually ate a XR10 XRap- caught two on the XRap, two 19 inch Rockfish (one was 19 1/2) but no keepers...a bunch of smaller schoolies...most croakers were caught on a small redfish magic with a white 3 inch shad body...I fished along the edge of drop offs...also caught two tinker blues on the Redfish Magic...fishing was fairly slow for the most part...tide wasn't quite right but I fished when I could- rain showers came in the mid afternoon, so I headed in. Nothing spectacular but all in all, a good day. I got to christen my new replacement outfits...love my new St. Croix Avid X rods...really nice feel jigging...I used one light spinning outfit for pulling the Redfish Magic- a 2500 Stradic I bought from John Veil on a St. Croix Triumph 6'6" light fast action rod. The line is 10# test Berkley Nanofil- I tie on three foot of 10# test florocarbon leader with double Uni knots- this light spinner is perfect for medium size fish and tossing light weight lures- my Revo Toro 50 NaCL is loaded with 250 yards of 30# test braid on a 6'6" St. Croix Avid X MHF Rod. I tie on a three foot 20# florocarbon leader using double Uni knots to a double locking 25# test snap for quick change of lures. This is my heavy duty outfit for bigger fish...I generally carry three or four rods and fish two...if I don't get hits, I am changing baits, constantly...not unusual for me to fish six or eight different baits on any one fishing trip...if I get hits trolling on a particular bait/color, I usually double up on that combo...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Your relatively slow day was vastly superior to the Patuxent. Lots of bait but no bites. Thanks for the report - should have gone to Piney today.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Thanks for the report. I love the old avids, and the new avid X's look great as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X