Piscataway Skunk 6/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piscataway Skunk 6/12

I launched @ noon & got skunked for the duration of 5 hrs. However, all was not lost. I did hook 3 species of fish, each managed to unbutton themselves from my hook. The 1st was definitely a LMBASS because I saw it as it neared my kayak. The 2nd was a longnose gar that leaped out of the water like an Asian carp & spit the hook. The 3rd was a white perch that kept playing w/ my bait. I also saw a buck swimming a short distance from me,a beaver swimming practically right up on me, & osprey & bald eagles dive in the water for fish. I also had my bowfishing gear but didn't get to shoot it. Still, despite the nasty humid/hot weather in the forecast, the breeze on the water made things bearable. Oh, yea... there were lots of water snakes out for a swim. I got off the water just before a big thunderstorm rolled in.

At least you had fish on.
    I haven't been down there since I upgraded from a Frenzy to a Torque... which is kinda silly considering how close it is for me.
    Did you try the old gravel pile down near the mouth?
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Were you using a "bucktail" .. regardless just to get a hookup with a gar would be exciting

Comment

Was there May 31 with 2 friends. We managed about 12 fish between the 3 of us including some nice channel cats and a LMB. Also got some blue gill and a yellow perch. I saw tons of gar in the shallows as well as a monster blue cat easily 3' long. May take some heavier tackle next time and cut up some bluegill to try for those big cats. Just before dusk here was a ton of action up the creek in the pads, I had one blowup on a frog but no hookup.
        Zach
        Annapolis, MD
        Rudow's FishTalk Magazine
        Native Watercraft Slayer 14.5
        Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13
        Old Town Topwater PDL 106
        Native Watercraft Redfish 10

Comment

Working...
        X