The Ponds Along the Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ponds Along the Severn

Mark and I launched at Jonas Green this morning at 6:20 to hit the Pickerel and White Perch in our favorite areas on both sides of the Severn. Conditions were great- no wind, flat seas, and slack water to start with a slow ebb. I was using 1/8 white jig with a 2" twister tail and a small spinner with a 2" twister tail. Caught my Personal Best on both- a 21 1/2" Pickerel and a 12 1/2" White Perch. Landed about 10-12 other WP, but most were about 6/8". We traveled over 8 miles this morning and got back to Jonas just as the sun started beating down on us. By the time we got back to Jonas the wind had picked up noticeably from the west/northwest, and the clouds were started building. Was a good morning.Pickerel-Shady Lake-PB.jpgWP-Manresa-PB.jpg
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

John put on a clinic.

I was just a bystander today, getting the skunkeroo, even though John and I basically followed the same path and used similar lures for most of the trip. Some days are like that.

But it was a nice ride and a good day to be on the water and I was happy to see John reach two milestones.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Sorry I missed it, seems like a bad year for me getting out with all my recent family emergencies.

Comment

Things will turn for the best.
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Nice fish looks like the severn is picking up from the last reports
          Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
          Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...