Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member intro

Hello all;

New member intro 'BHDPAL' reside in Perry Hall, Baltimore County near Big Gunpowder Falls. I am a retired 74 year old male, and currently very active in paddle boat sports, fishing, bow hunting, hiking, geocaching, biking, and physical fitness. I still work part time when i get the opportunity.

My fishing and paddle boat background:
    (1) former uscg international & inland waters licensed power vessel “carrying passengers for hire” operator, main port of operation was Ocean City, MD.
    (2) uscg licensed small boat assistance towing operator;
    (3) former dnr safe boating instructor;
    (4) former adjunct baltimore county community college ‘air & sea program’ instructor (uscg international & inland waters vessel operation regulations course, advanced seamenship course, saltwater fishing course);
    (5) former member outdoor writers assn;
    (6) former outdoor writer & photographer, “fisherman” magazine, salisbury times, ocean city coastal press & ocean city “on board walk publication;
    (7) long time avid fresh and saltwater angler;
    (8) current paddle boat skill level #2 fast water;
    (9) american canoe association member;
    (10) proud “usa” patriot.

My purpose for joining the cbka is to learn about kayak fishing and to participate in the ‘meet and greets’ activity with other like minded anglers, having fun and enjoying paddle boating and fishing while helping others to enjoy the sport.

Any CBKA members who reside in my area and would like to have a new fishing buddy please feel free to contact me, I am ready to go and eager to meet everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to read my intro.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL WHO PROTECT AND LOVE 'HER.'
    Last edited by bhdpal; 06-18-2015, 11:49 AM.

welcome! tight lines!
    Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
    2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
    2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
    2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

From one Patriot to another, Welcome to the site, you will find what you seek on this forum.
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Welcome!

I'm a newer member myself here snaggedline. You'll find the folks on here are amazing. I was really quite surprised at how helpful, and how generally kind everyone on this site has been
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Welcome aboard bhdpal.
          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Hope to see you on the water.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Thank you one and all for the kind and friendly welcome to CBKA. I am looking forward to participating in CBKA events and meeting all in person. Anyone live in or around the Perry Hall area of Baltimore County? Any upcoming events scheduled for CBKA? I need to read more on the site to become acquainted with protocol and current events. Thanks again, Joe.

Comment

Hey Joe, welcome (back) to Snaggedline!

Hopefully the tidal fishing will pick up soon, been "off" for a few weeks, it seems. I drive though Baltimore County everyday going to work, haven't fish much north of the Key Bridge...mostly the Bay Bridge and points south.

The next meet-n-greet is scheduled for 11 July, launching out of Lowes Wharf, on the eastern shore, to fish around Poplar Island. It is a good time, with great people and excellent lunch after fishing. Hope to see you there, or at any other time on the water.

What kayak are you using?
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                X