Croakerlandia at Elms Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Croakerlandia at Elms Beach

Late Friday I was able toclear my schedule for Sat so Ictalarus Bill and I hit Elms beach for Croaker and possibly bluefish.
    The bluefish never really showed (though Bill caught a couple small ones) but the croaker were present and hungry. We kept a nicw selection of 11/12 inch croakers for dinner. Squid outfished peeler crab 3-1....a very rare event for me
    My highlight came right at the end of the day. It was getting bumpy so we were drifting towards the beach. right next next to a piling I had something big suddenly on. I was surprised to see a double of monster white perch....the only perch we saw all day. 12.25" & 12.75" meant i just missed a double citation!
    Elms beach is an overlooked launch spot in St Mary's county. Fish south of the park.
    1471171_10153468991879783_418354092287351260_n.jpg
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Kevin - nice work.. great eats there.. how deep were you finding the fish?

Comment

They were everywhere. we caught them from 10' to 26' of water. For me, the biggest ones were around the 14' depth.
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

That's a great haul! Need to make a trip down there again this year...
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
          Elms beach is an overlooked launch spot in St Mary's county. Fish south of the park.
          Ain't that the truth. I lived in St. James 20 years ago and would take my lab swimming there. They have really done a lot to fix that place up. Easiest access to the Bay between Patuxent and Potomac.
          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
          X