Kent Island perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Island perch

I've been on the Island for over three weeks now. It's great! All I have to do is drop my kayak in and go. Most of the time I paddle out into the river trying to get my first keeper rockfish. I have caught a bunch of smaller ones, but no keepers yet.

HOWEVER, Yesterday, getting tired of hearing "did you catch us dinner?" from the wife, I focused on perch. Didn't have to paddle very far. I just threw a white "beetle Spin" type of lure. Drifted and cast along a bulk head or the jetty.

I'm guessing I caught about 15 or so, in an hour. Most were small, but I did get 2 really nice ones. "Dinner". Went lo tech. No camera/phone, so no pics.

Delicious dinner with fresh local produce and the perch
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Save some for me I am moving over to Chester later this year. Look forward to meeting you at some point.

Comment

Great!!

I'm sure there will be plenty left
      ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Fun! White perch are sort the unsung heroes of the Bay IMO. Whatever the technique; casting with an assortment of spinners, something shiny, or shad darts; or good old fashion live bait on a top and bottom rig off the bottom, perch offer plenty of fight, entertainment and good eating.

Perching is also a great way to introduce newcomers, young and old, to fishing and the magic of the Bay.

Comment

Working...
        X