Bay Ridge Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Ridge Perch

Went with my son in his Bass Pro 16ft to,Thomas Point for some Stripers. Got there about 8:30, end of a flood tide. Anchored on western side of lighthouse and started tossing some 1/2 oz jigs with 4in tails. My son landed two schoolers, but not much action. Saw three hobie peddlers trolling around lighthouse. They hooked a couple small ones.

We left after an hour and headed for the rip rap along Bay Ridge (near the CBF offices). Got into White Perch immediately. By then the tide was ebbing pretty strong in this area. We landed about a dozen , a couple over 11" and they were fat. We move to some different rip rap structures and got perch immediately.

I wasn't in my yak today, but thought someone would like to hear about the Perch spot
    John Rentch
    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
    Hobie Revolution 11

Good for you John.

I hope you pointed some of those perch north toward the Severn!
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

That's my favorite spot to hit when the BB is not cooperating. Can usually pick up a perch on every cast parallel to the riprap....nice job. I took my son to Turner Station Park in Dundalk today. They were shallow and under docks...we landed abut 30 of them along with a few yellow perch. It's next to some housing projects but no problem, nice clean launch.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Mark,
        It was fun, they hit your spinner like crazy. Too bad there isn't a launching area close, it would be a fun area to fish.
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Sparky,
          Where do you launch?
          John Rentch
          Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
            Sparky,
            Where do you launch?
            Just Googlemap: Turner Station Park. I don't think it has a physical address....4 boat ramps, restroom, and plenty of parking.

If you are interested in the Dundalk area googlemap: Merrit Point Park and Inverness Boat Ramp off Inverton Rd (Lynch Creek).

These areas are great for my son to kayak fish, they are well protected from winds and light on the boat traffic (and perfect for a perch fanatic like myself). Lots of piers, docks, and bulkheads with some fallen timber as well. Not much striper activity but loaded with WP with the occasional yellow perch and channel cats.
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks!
                John Rentch
                Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Saw three hobie peddlers trolling around lighthouse. They hooked a couple small ones.

We left after an hour
                  That was Goody, Dao and I.

Lots of "shorts" around the lighthouse today. We each got probably 50 or so. Goody ended up finding a couple keepers by the time it was said and done. I had one on that I'm sure was a keeper, but it spit the hook. Most of my fish were 14-16 inchers, with a few over 18, the best was 19.5"...it swam away healthy.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Were you at Thomas Pt around 9-10? I was in the Bass Pro Boat. You guys seemed to be having fun, particularly when the big wave were tossing you around.
                    John Rentch
                    Annapolis

Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Were you at Thomas Pt around 9-10? I was in the Bass Pro Boat. You guys seemed to be having fun, particularly when the big wave were tossing you around.
                      Yes, we got there right about 9am, and stayed until the powerboats showed up in full force around 12:30. Got pretty rough with all the big cruiser boats running past and the current rip from changing tide. It was quite the water rodeo with all those waves, we had some fun trying to surf the wakes coming from behind.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X