Canton 7/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canton 7/5

I think it's safe to say that the perch are thick throughout the Patapsco. Chex and I launched from Canton waterfront park this morning and worked around the Ft McHenry rip rap for perch after perch. I caught close to 50 up to 11" and Chex did just about as well. All fish were caught on ultra light using gulp minnows and mullets on road runners.

Also of note, there were tons of small stripers crushing bait everywhere. We caught several but biggest was only about 15".

Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Nice mess of perch!
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Those 2 on the right are beasts. Nice haul.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice work guys.. please post your pic of how you prepared it if not already consumed...

Comment

Sorry, still in the fridge and will be vac sealed tomorrow. I have tog and trout in the freezer from May that need to get eaten first... The food saver is awesome!

Including those above, I will have added six meals of perch to the freezer for my family this holiday weekend. I plan to make my poor man's crab cakes with at least a couple of the meals.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice looking wperch indeed, good eats. How was the water clarity? Seems the turbidity meter on the Patapsco's CBIBS buoy hasn't been working for at least a week.
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Maybe 1'-2' vis in some spots
              Last edited by Shady; 07-05-2015, 11:32 PM.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice job on the WP.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Working...
                X