Canton Waterfront 8/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canton Waterfront 8/7

Met Dave (Donkeyfish) and launched from Canton waterfront park at 5:30 this morning hoping for some predawn topwater, but it wasn't to be.... On the way out I trolled up a 17" striper on a zman, but that would be the biggest one of the morning. With the Striper bite just not really happening for us, I went to Perch fishing and quickly found them. Hit several nice ones in a row and had a lull in the action, so continued working the shore line picking up a few here and there. We ended up by the cruise marine terminal and both jigged up medium sized channel cats almost back to back, but nothing after that except for a few more perch. So we headed back in. Dave went all the way in, but I tried trolling some more and picked up a mini bluefish. Then I decided to hit one last pier... This last pier was loaded with giant perch in about 10-12' of water. I caught well over a dozen here and all were over 11", with the biggest at 12.75".
    bent pole 1.jpg
    hardhead perch.jpg
    11221281_10102270667850405_2819966668459267619_n.jpgDSCN6438.jpgDSCN6442.jpggiant striper.jpg
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Originally posted by Shady View Post
    Met Dave (Donkeyfish) and launched from Canton waterfront park at 5:30 this morning hoping for some predawn topwater, but it wasn't to be.... On the way out I trolled up a 17" striper on a zman, but that would be the biggest one of the morning. With the Striper bite just not really happening for us, I went to Perch fishing and quickly found them. Hit several nice ones in a row and had a lull in the action, so continued working the shore line picking up a few here and there. We ended up by the cruise marine terminal and both jigged up medium sized channel cats almost back to back, but nothing after that except for a few more perch. So we headed back in. Dave went all the way in, but I tried trolling some more and picked up a mini bluefish. Then I decided to hit one last pier... This last pier was loaded with giant perch in about 10-12' of water. I caught well over a dozen here and all were over 11", with the biggest at 12.75".
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16655[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16656[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16657[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16658[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16659[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16660[/ATTACH]

Nice! My daughter lives in Baltimore and is a Canton Kayak Club (which is actually off of Thames in Fells Pt.) member. She pays $150 for a six month season. This fee includes the kayak and all gear. I met her there two weeks ago and we paddled to Ft McHenry and back. She hasn't tried fishing off the kayak yet, but your report may change her mind.
    Last edited by Fishinfool; 08-07-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Nice Ryan!! Full bellies on those perch
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Those are some fat perch. Probably that good clean B'more water helping them grow.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Looks like a fish fry to me!
          John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
          Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Blackened perch over rice with fresh squash from my grandpa's farm!
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That's sweet! Love the fish display pic and the food looks delicious!
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
              X