Piney Point Good today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point Good today

Hit Piney point a little after 5:30 in very low light conditions. Went to my usual spot and immediately hit some quality fish in the 18-19" class. As the sun got higher the fish got smaller and by 8:00 I was only catching 12" fish. At that point my chance for a keeper were gone so I called it a day. Ended up with over 20 in total, the vast majority on the Z-man paddle tail.

As I was coming off a power boat that had launched just before me was pulling out and another one getting ready to launch. After giving me a dismissive eye the boat that was launching asked the one coming off how they did. They were trying for stripers and got none which is why they were coming in early. I wasn't volunteering any info at this point and hope that they went zooming off to the far reaches where my kayak can't reach. Where I catch the fish is skinny water where stealth is very important. There was another power boat near by that was bottom fishing for croaker and throwing beer cans and cigarette packs over the side. I fished out what I could but there were 6 of them in a much bigger boat than me so I didn't confront them, no need to get run over by angry drunk bottom fisherman. One of the reasons I don't enjoy fishing on the weekend nearly as much as mid-week.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

sounds like a good plan Mike. Great report. Congrats on being the early bird and getting the fish
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

i haven't fished that area at all. gonna have to get out there and travel more. congrats on a good day of fishing.
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

i hate slobs
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixkeith View Post
          i hate slobs
          ^^^ x100. Pack in, Pack out. I'm known to take more trash with me than I brought 9 times out of 10.
          Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
          2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
          2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
          2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Working...
          X