Smith Creek report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith Creek report

My report is very close to BigMike's report from piney point weirdly enough... i hit the water at 0530. sun wasn't up yet. went to the point and caught two quick 19 inchers and then BOOM... the water blew up by the big piling and every single cast i made i hooked up for the next 15 minutes. it was crazy.. too bad every single fish i landed were between 14-19 inches. not one broke the keeper mark. either way it was amazingly fun and am just fine with not getting a keeper. so that bite stopped and then i went inside the creek and started fishing points. almost every point i would find the mussels and then WAM hookup. but as usual for me, all the fish were under 17 inches inside the creek. once high tide hit slack there was nothing to be had besides a few small croaker and white perch. so i pulled the plug for a half day. i probably landed 35 or 40 stripers but no keepers. i still have a grin so it was obviously a dang fine day of catching no matter what. i think I'm gonna launch again this afternoon at my house. water on the bay side looks better than this morning. i wish all of you tight lines as i had today!!!!
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Fishinggod- I'm glad the point produced for you. I hate taking people to a "great" spot and then it sucks when you do. Where you using your funky crankbait? Did the point we found last week have fish this time? If I had seen your post I would have joined you, but I didn't check before heading out, not looking for 4 AM invites��
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

HAHA, ya the invite was quite late in the game. the weather was so shitty yesterday that i wasn't planning on going. but the tingle in my casting arm told me to get up early just to see how the wind was at my house. and it turned out not too bad so i chose to hit up Smith Creek. Yes indeed that crazy bait was the killer again. The point that produced last week for us gave up another 10 for me today. there was a sail boat posted off that point and they were seriously confused as i kept landing fish after fish and then they told me they haven't caught anything. good times indeed. i even caught a few around the docks on the other side with that bait. i tried a few other baits as well. landed two on a large beetle spin when i was trying for some larger white perch (which never showed.. just small ones). i broke off two small jigs on the mussel beds so i stopped throwing that bait. but for sure they haven't seen that crazy lure before or its just got the right action for that area. they did want it quite a bit faster today. maybe cause it was the incoming instead of outgoing tide. who knows. would of loved the company, all i got was a bunch of drunk guys crabbing with trot lines. that was all the mingling that happened. no other kayakers on the water..
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Working...
      X