Bay Bridge 8/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge 8/8

Fished the Bay Bridge launching from Terrapin. Sparky1423, Sun, Mustafa, and myself launched at 7:30 or so after the half mile haul to the beach. It was choppy and sloppy out there as the wind report was bad but the desire to fish was worse. We managed a fair amount of pre-schoolies and a few keepers. Fish were found in the usual spots - sewer pipe and pilings. We were off the water by 11:30 as the bite had died. We also wanted to support our CBKA sponser Fish Bandit.
    20150808_114512.jpg20150808_100529.jpg20150808_090443.jpg20150808_083423.jpg20150808_075940.jpg20150808_075935.jpg20150808_071032.jpg

Did anyone tell Sun his rudder was up?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      Yes I did actually...

Comment

The day started so poorly for me, but the good guys I fished with turned it into a fun day. First, I set my alarm incorrectly and woke up late (thanks Dao for the wake up call). I forgot my paddle at home (thanks Dao for lending me the paddle). I left my sunglasses in my car, luckily it was cloudy for most of the day. My eyes didn't get sunburned this time.

I caught a few small rockfish trolling paddle tails. At one point Jeremy and I found a school of fish in 25-30 fow, and we jigged up a couple fish. I actually didn't end up with any keepers. Dao kindly gave away one of his keepers(thanks Dao for dinner). I grilled it on the fire pit and my boys especially enjoyed the eyeballs.

Oh, I also ended the day on a happy note by stopping by bass pro and picking up some new soft plastics. I just get into this happy mood whenever I browse through the fishing aisles there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Sun Fishin'

Comment

Lol. Dao did ask about it. I have gotten into a habit of not using it. I wish I would have though. It would have helped track when paddling across that current. I guess I could have asked one of the other guys to remove the line that keeps the rudder up for transport....

Sun Fishin'

Comment

Hobie paddle isn't the best, but it's a start...we will get you converted. Haha!
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Sun View Post
              Lol. Dao did ask about it. I have gotten into a habit of not using it. I wish I would have though. It would have helped track when paddling across that current. I guess I could have asked one of the other guys to remove the line that keeps the rudder up for transport....

When you're ready to try a pedal kayak, let us know. A few of us have extras that don't get used every trip.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Good times indeed! I caught about a dozen or so with the biggest being a 2014 keeper at 18.5"

Sent from Tapatalk
                -Mustafa
                ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                2016 Hobie Outback
                2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

When you're ready to try a pedal kayak, let us know. A few of us have extras that don't get used every trip.
                  Good job guys, SurfDog told me that he saw you guys fishing when we was coming across the Bay Bridge. Sun, thanks for the picture of the grilled fish. It looked great in a Masgouf sort of way. What seasonings did you add to it?

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                    Good job guys, SurfDog told me that he saw you guys fishing when we was coming across the Bay Bridge. Sun, thanks for the picture of the grilled fish. It looked great in a Masgouf sort of way. What seasonings did you add to it?
                    Haha "a masgouf sort of way" is exactly what I was going for. I basted it with a mixture of honey, fresh-squeezed lime juice, and salt. Then sprinkled over it some black pepper, garlic powder and sesame seeds. It turned out okay....it was a little too sweet for my liking. But the boys thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sun Fishin'

Comment

Originally posted by Sun View Post
                      First, I set my alarm incorrectly and woke up late (thanks Dao for the wake up call). I forgot my paddle at home (thanks Dao for lending me the paddle). I left my sunglasses in my car, luckily it was cloudy for most of the day.
                      Ha ha.... that's how a lot of my trips start out!
                      Nice going there Sun.
                      Looks like a good trip for the Fish Bandits!
                      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                        Ha ha.... that's how a lot of my trips start out!
                        Nice going there Sun.
                        Looks like a good trip for the Fish Bandits!
                        I usually set my clock correctly but can't drag my fanny out of bed
                        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                        X