Sunny Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny Severn

I had planned to launch from Tucker Street into Weems for some more perch fishing today. But when I got to the ramp this morning parking was scarce. School construction is fast underway nearby and many of the vehicles parked on Tucker Street were from work crews. Also, there were two trucks with long boat trailers taking up lots of space. So I diverted to Jonas.

Rarely do I see the Severn this calm:

D.jpg

It was a nice day to be on the water. The air temperature was 60 degrees when I launched at 0800.

The tide was falling.

I worked some coves with a spinner and a fly and got 5 nice white perch.

Each was fat and at least 9 inches -- the kind you can hold by putting your thumb into their mouth.

B.jpg C.jpg

I also got this guy on size 4 crystal bugger fly. I don't believe I've ever caught one on a fly before. I thought they preferred bloodworms.

P1000771.JPG

I shared the water only with one other angler:

E.jpg

No doubt he was after white perch too. I actually beat him to the catch in that particular spot.

But that was my only claim to fame today -- winning against the heron at his game. I was disappointed in my low catch numbers but of course I enjoyed my time on the water.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Love the Blue Heron pic, almost look staged because of the beautiful background.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      Love the Blue Heron pic, almost look staged because of the beautiful background.
      Well, he wasn't stuffed because he flew away after I caught a perch!
      Mark
      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Good pics Mark. I would be out there with you but for a fall last Monday that gave me a strain in the abdominal area. I plan to take it easy so the strain doesn't turn into a hernia.

John
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Sounds like a nice day on the water. THe pictures bear that out. You never know what is going to hit a Crystal Bugger. It is a great fly!
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I agree with your comments and picture of the water conditions, rarely seen! Really upsetting about the parking, might contact the city and lodge a complaint.
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
            X