PLO - 8/16 so so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLO - 8/16 so so

Fishinggod and myself launched shortly after the park opened at 6. We were met by a brisk SW wind making the Potomac side choppy outside the inlet so we elected to stay inside the inlet and to try Lake Conoy. We picked up a few small rockfish and Rich caught this lizard fish (blame the photographer, not the fisherman for showing you just the belly) in the inlet. I cruised the lake for quite some time looking for tailing fish and throwing a popping rig, but really saw nothing other than a couple of bait fish and turtles. Rich saw a couple of small tailers, but no takers. We went back to the inlet and ran into Ken Kayak who had 4 rods down on the school of small rocks in the inlet.The wind had died considerably and the Potomac was flattening out. I picked up a couple as well but went off to a "secret" spot I'd been told about that held big fish. The secret is safe, no fish were in the spot. It was around 9:30 when the tide had basically gone slack so Rich and I called it a day. Don't know how Ken made out after us.

This was my first time fishing PLO and I could see going back at high tide to fish the lake for trout and drum. I felt like there are much better places in St Mary's for targeting rockfish that don't require driving to the end of the state.
    002.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

side pods on a PA? Planning to stand on the gunnel?
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Cowpokey, when i am in it freshwater fishing i am standing the entire time and i am about the clumsiest guy ever. doesn't help that I'm short and fat too. haha. i love the side kick. gives me that extra sense of security i need (mentally). Mike, i wasn't even paying attention to how the fish was for the pic. oops. them lizard fish love that dang bait thats for sure. had that school of stripers been larger it might of been an EPIC day. cause they were all over the mouth of that inlet. it was still a good time. i got home and caught one keeper striper off the pier and then nothing else so i had the striper from saturday for lunch and the one from yesterday afternoon for dinner. its been a tasty week for sure.
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Working...
      X